LEARN-TO: Make a 4-Claw Collet
Become confident in making a simple round 4-claw collet which you can adapt to your own designs once you've learnt the basics.
Price is per person.
What skills will I learn?
- Marking out Positioning wires
What should I bring?
- Saw blades
- Silver solder
- Protective clothing and closed toe shoes
- Reading glasses or head visor (Optional)
What is included?
- All tools will be provided including scribe, pliers, files, buff sticks, soldering equipment, saw frames, borax (feel free to bring your own tools and equipment)
- Silver sheet metal
- Guidance notes
- Health and safety sheets.
What skills level is required?
Skills Level: INTERMEDIATE
This is for makers who can work independently and are confident in soldering, precision work, marking out, piercing and have a good understanding of the skills required.
This is not suitable for beginners.
Who is my instructor?
Justin Wilson is a highly skilled Hatton Garden artisan who began in 1974 as apprentice to high-end jeweller Graff. With so many years experience under his belt you will be in extremely capable hands.